Post graduate students wishing to pursue studies at the Centre for Water Resources Research need to follow a 2 step application process. Step 1 is an internal process where applicants are screened and linked with potential supervisors. Once an applicant has been accepted by a supervisor, they will proceed to step 2, which is the formal UKZN application process.
Minimum requirements for application for MSc (Hydrology):
- Minimum 60% average* in 4th year of study, from a recognised** university in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 60% for research related components of previous studies
Minimum requirements for application for PhD (Hydrology):
- MSc in relevant subject from a recognised** university
* Students which received less than 60% average in their 4th year of study but have at least 2 years relevant post study work experience may also apply
** Students whose previous degrees are from outside of South Africa may have to provide proof that the standard of the syllabus from their university complies with international standards.
NB: Supervisors may prescribe further criteria for admission to study.
- Fill in application form. Download Postgrad Application Form
- CV, including at least 2 references including contact details
- Copy of your latest academic transcript
- Sample of your scientific writing
- 1 page research proposal
Please email all of these documents to Ms Chetty. Make sure you include “CWRR Postgrad application – and your name” in the subject line.
You will be informed in due time of the outcome of your application. Only if/once you have been accepted by the CWRR and assigned a supervisor may you start the UKZN application process.